Thursday, September 22, 2011

If you could say one thing, to everyone in the world

What would it be?


How many words do I get? :) 

I think if I had to narrow it down to one sentence it would be:  Follow the life and teachings of Jesus, (the way of the kingdom of love).

I believe that the world needs to wake up from the culture of domination, greed and individualism, both in and outside of the church.  To take seriously the teachings of Jesus means to love unconditionally, to live non violently, to care for others especially those uncared for, and to practice a radical lifestyle of love. 

What would you say?

rev

ps If I got to say another thing it would be: I slit a sheet, a sheet I slit and on the slitted sheet I sit

6 comments:

kingdomrev said...

i would quote G-d and Popeye " I am....what i am"

David Jacobs said...

Is it something we would merely say to the world or something we would convince them of / to do? I'm feeling cynical today. Thus, any sentence that I could utter that is sufficiently important for the whole world to hear has probably already been said and heard at least 1000X by now. Here's a pretty important one: "Don't intentionally kill anyone unless it's absolutely necessary in a case of self defense or defending others from serious physical harm." Should I even waste my breath? I can't even get my kids to clean their rooms when I tell them to do so.

Deniece said...

We are all responsible for the choices we make in life, and, the consequences that occur from those decisions.

urbanmonk said...

one sentence...What the F*&%is wrong with you?

:)

J. said...

Death is making you believe that you are alive - there is life beyond the one you think you are living and you can live it, you can have it with no cost to you ... just believe.

Ben Poland said...

Love Jesus, Love like Jesus. Simple, but would make the world a better place.