Saturday, November 05, 2005

Well, I am back

Well this last week as you may know I had an internet and television fast. This week has actually not been very hard at all. It was refreshing to be away from things, and I have recognized a bit about myself in the process.

Over the next few days I will write down some of my insights over the past few days, but the biggest things in relation to the internet were...

I find myself being very reactive online. Although I think I am like that in real life to some extent online it seems much more so. It would make me appear unbalanced I am guessing. I tend to fight against things so hard that I don't present a balanced world view, though I atleast feel I hold one.

I spend entirely too much time on forums, where most people would rather argue, than stretch their own minds, and be challenged. This taps into my "warrior nature" which is probably not the part of myself I need to be nurturing at the moment.

If I were to spend less time online, but actually used it more creatively and inteligently I could probably accomplish more, and enjoy myself more.

And, it is very cool how many real life friends I have made through the internet.

I am glad to be back. I am planning on posting more often, so please stay tuned.

the rev

No comments: