Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Into the silence

This morning I had some good moments, where I got to actually feel still. But the thoughts and noise would come back so quickly. At one point I found myself drifting towards the plan of having a silent retreat so I could practice silence, which I of course was not doing right then :)

I think the discipline of it is really important to me. I come from a pentecostal background where (no offense) so much is about how good you feel, or how close to God you "felt". But this is more about opening your heart, because you should, whether it feels good or not. Whether it feels empty or not. In my time this morning when I touched on it, just barely, I felt love and peace.

And the challenge is always to let that love and peace move me forward towards the kingdom of God.

rev

No comments: