Sunday, April 10, 2005

Hearing from God

At church yesterday morning my friend Nick lead us in a time of sharing that was for me very awesome. We read a psalm, and listened to it being sung, and then we all shared times when God had talked to us. It was a great time, and it was great to see just how many ways God "speaks" to us. Through circumstances, through scripture, through our senses, through visions, dreams, through other people.

I shared about a time years ago, when I was walking down the street on a jobsite in Orange County. My tool belt jingling, when I just felt this overwhelming love coming to me. It was like I was being hugged spiritually by my daddy. I went and hid in a closet and cried a bit.

How about you? How has God spoken to you? Whats the last thing you remember Him saying?

the rev

1 comment:

Kitty Cheng said...

Wow that sounds good John, when and where do you guys meet? can i come to visit someime?

Well God has spoken to me really powerfully during the Ignition creative artists gathering the last weekend...i've written a bit about that in my blog:

http://kittycheng.blogspot.com/2005/04/reflection-on-ignition.html

Also thanks John and Nick for helping out to unpack and move the chairs at the end of Ignition. Really appreciate it!