Saturday, April 09, 2005

A bit of a hurry!!!

It's two thirty in the morning. I can't sleep.

Went to hanging rock today with the sister in law. Some pretty interesting rock formations. Was a nice day, warm and sunny. I was struggling along with a headache and a sore back. My oldest daughter has a broken toe, and her younger sister almost ripped her big toe nail off, so we were all walking very slow. It is amazing how much more you see when you slow down. The different color of the moss on the rocks, the way they attached the handrails, even the colors of a butterfly. There is a lot to see. Same with all of our senses.

But in our world we hurry all the time. The destination is the goal and heaven help anyone who gets in our way. We have things to do and not enough time to do it in. We don't have time to see, hear or feel.

I have a good friend that used to drive me crazy. We would be stuck in traffic for an hour and he couldn't even slow down long enough to finish listening to a whole song. Sometimes even changing cd's in the middle of a song that he had impatiently been looking for just a moment earlier. We have made life into one rush after another.

Made me question how much I miss everyday. Made me wonder how many people I miss.

One time Jesus was taking his time getting to a sick friends house. I will get there when I get there He seemed to thing. Well he was too late. His friend died. Because of Jesus' lack of speed, Lazarous died. But somehow things worked out anyways.

I guess maybe we can slow down a bit? Maybe? I mean if we are supposed to follow the Guy, and He is walking very slow, maybe we should slow down. And maybe, we might just "see" some of those wonderful kingdom parables His friends got to see.

the rev

No comments: